Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The (other) Red Room

I'm patiently (not so) waiting for a call that the place I bought my new-to-me kitchen cabinets from is on their way to deliver them.  I noticed as I stumbled out of bed this morning and stiffly walked down the hall that I'd gotten a pretty good work out painting yesterday.  I'm not sure if there is a muscle group that isn't aching today!  Real life work outs are the best- I can't count how many squats I did while painting around the floor boards, and the stretches were like primal yoga as I painted the ceiling.  Today, I wait, and if time allows, make the hour and a quarter trek to the new house and paint some more.   Update- cabinet man just called and said they won't be delivered until after 1pm.  Now I can pinterest all morning while my achy joints relax into one solid mass of "ow".  Yay!  :)

The Red Room

Front Room/Kids Tv Room?
This is the room I was working on yesterday.  It was a lovely shade of Psycho shower scene red, although they must have been running out of paint because it is spotty and looks pretty much terrible.  I think this is the paint left over from the odd 1980's kitchen remodel. ("kitchen remodel?"  you think, wondering perchance how we lucked out so much to have a nicely remodeled kitchen.....Um, not!  We'll go there later.  I'm not wanting to whine this early in the morning.) This room was some sort of addition to the front of the house.  There is no basement under it, no rooms above it, just an 11 x 11 ft. square off the front of the house.  We figured it would be a nice place to put a tv and comfy couch for the kids to relax in.  Since it is off on it's own, we can shut the (non-existent thus far) door and not worry if they've managed to trash it like teenagers tend to do.  The next picture shows what happens when you stain the molding and trim work After you install the carpet.


Note that there is a phone cord coming through the center of the rug, and you see that nifty multi-plug extension?  It's plugged into itself and mounted to the wall?  Yes, mounted by 8 four inch screws and 6 smaller screws and a few nails.  Apparently, papa of the past house enjoyed nailing and screwing things.  (apologize for the double entendre, sort of:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much! I love hearing from you!!