Monday, May 7, 2012

Week-end Catch Up

Once again I'm covered in paint.  I'm not sure if that is a sign of my lack of painting skills, or my die hard dedication to the task at hand.  We've managed to rip everything out of the kitchen, down to the (newly discovered) tri-colored wood floor.  We've Spackled the walls and primed them, and now are just waiting for the tell all bid from the contractor so we know if we will be installing the window- or he will.  Once the window is in (easy peasy-righto?), we can install the cabinets that are nicely lined up in my current homes garage- sucking up much needed space.  Sigh.  Seems as though every task from here on out involves a multitude of other tasks that are somehow attached to it.  So, tonight, I will focus on all of the wonderful things we've already managed to do- while taking a bubble bath and scrubbing off my paint covered body.  I may even push the limits and have a glass of wine.
The entire front room of the house is primed, ceiling looks perfect, crown molding is amazing.  Love it.  I started in with the lovely spicy color I'd decided would make it feel warm and cozy on a cold winters night.  It looked like baby poo mixed with clay.  I promptly re-primed it, and am now at a loss.  White is nice?
Front Room Ceiling 


Zoe finished priming her room.  She then started to paint her walk in closet with the ultimate pinkest paint I've ever seen.  The guy at Sherwin Williams knew it was super pink but still gasped in surprise when he popped open the lid.  I tried and tried to talk her out of it, and was terrified by how hard it was going to be to cover over the hideous pink of it.  Of course, in the end, I love it.  It is amazing happy pink and looks pretty gorgeous in the walk in- I can't wait to get better lighting and a couple of mirrors in there!

Zoe's Walk in Closet Pink (with Spackle down the middle)

My mom is still busy painting in the boys room.  It's such a huge space.  I had to stop Ty ("mom- why are you so grumpy?") from dragging his BMX bike up the stairs to his room last night.   My dad has a hard time with the paint fumes, or with any odd smells for that matter, since his cancer treatment.   I think the paint fumes get to him really quickly....or maybe it's the kids?  *grin*
I'm heading off for some rubber ducky time, and will be painting again on Tuesday.  (and I'm excited to get up there and see how the dining room is looking, once the paint has dried.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much! I love hearing from you!!